Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, so I try to make it fun, fast, and delicious. So here’s the easiest and healthier pancake recipe that will fuel your body for the day ahead and keep you full till lunch. I call it 1-2-3 pancakes because you will need three ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
– 2 cup rolled oats
– 1 egg
– 1 banana
– 1 tsp. all natural peanut butter (optional)
- Heat skillet on low/medium heat and grease with coconut/olive oil.
- Place all ingredients into blender.
- Blend until a smooth consistency.
- Pour batter onto skillet to the size of your choice.
- Flip when you see bubbles in the pancakes.
- Top with any fruit and syrup of your choice.
Feel free to add protein powder to this recipe for added protein. And if you try or tweak this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I love hearing from you! Enjoy!
Who says that eating healthy has to be boring. I have been making this recipe when I want to add a little pizazz into my breakfast routine. It’s delicious and the pineapple is filled with vitamin C so it is great for the entire family especially during flu season. This recipe can even be used when you’re having a party and want some healthier options.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– 2 cups coconut milk/water (organic)
– 2 cups spinach
– 3 cups pineapples
– ½ cup Trader Joe’s shredded coconut
– ½ cup strawberries (optional)
I have traveled a lot which forced me to take only a few beauty items with me. Thus, I choose products that were multi-purpose and coconut oil is definitely one of them. Coconut oil is very popular in Trinidad and is well known for its moisturizing properties on the skin as well as hair. As a result, it promotes rapid hair growth and can reduce a myriad of skin problems. Coconut oil can cost between $5-$10 (USD) and is very handy for you beauts on a budget. I use the Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil. Here are my top 5 uses for coconut oil.
- Hair mask- I often apply some coconut oil on the ends of my hair as well on my roots. You can scoop some out, warm it up in your hands, and apply it directly onto your hair or you can heat some up in the microwave for an easy and quick hot oil treatment. This will not only promote hair growth, but it will moisturize those strands, prevent breakage, and restore heat damage.
- Skin care- I have dry/normal skin and I have been looking for the perfect moisturizer especially for the winter. I have been using coconut oil on my face right after cleanse my face and it is sooo moisturizing without all those icky chemicals used in other mainstream moisturizers. It can also be used on acne-prone skin or to fade marks. I also rub coconut oil all over my body after I get out of the shower and its pretty amazing. The best part of coconut oil is that it can be used on babies as well. So instead of buying that expensive baby lotion, you can just use some coconut oil for the entire family. And with coconut oil anti-aging properties, it’s a two-for-one deal!
- Eye cream- I have tried the Clinique All About Eyes eye cream and it seemed to work pretty well. However, one jar is about $30 and I’m a beaut on a budget. #aintnobodygottimeforthat So, I’ve been using the coconut oil under my eyes just before bed and it works just as good for one sixth of the cost.
- Make-up remover- I literally wear five coats of mascara and I use coconut oil to remove all five coats. It removes all my eye makeup as well as adds moisture. It’s even great at removing waterproof makeup. Perfection!
- Health booster- I used coconut oil in my tea and I must say I have definitely felt the difference in my overall health. It is good for diabetics, improves weight loss and heart health, boosts immunity, aids in digestion, cures infections, and even cures migraines. It has a weird texture at first, because we’re not accustomed to drinking oily tea, but you get used to it.
What’s your favorite ways to use Coconut oil?
I began making these green smoothies within the last year or so and I love it. This is really one of my favorite ways to ensure that I am getting my full servings of fruits and vegetables everyday without chowing down 2-3 bowls of salad per day. Of course you can personalize your green smoothie, however this is my “beginners luck green smoothie” recipe. So hope you enjoy! You can use these measurements as a guide to making these smoothies your own.
Follow: 2 c liquid – 2 c greens – 3 c fruit
Here my beginners luck green smoothie recipe:
2 c almond milk
– 2 c spinach
– 2 c strawberries
– 1 ripe banana (frozen)
– 1 tbsp. chia/flax seeds (optional)
Blend on the smoothie or liquefy function and Bon Appétit!
Tips for delicious smoothie making:
1. Use frozen fruits
2. Use the ripest fruits for a sweeter more nutritious smoothie
3. A great substitute for almond milk is water with non-fat plain or Greek yogurt
4. For added sweetness use honey or Stevia/Truvia.
I hope you try this recipe and please feel free to post your favorite green smoothie recipes below.
I recently took a trip to Florida and my hair became super dry. I tried every mask that I could possibly think of but nothing seemed to work. I then came upon the benefits of coconut milk for your hair and tried this mask–the results were amazing! Of course, the measurements vary depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Here’s what you’ll need: – 1 cup Coconut milk (preferably organic) – 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil/Coconut oil – 1 tsp. Honey – 2 drops or 1 capsule Vitamin E oil (optional) Mix ingredients into bowl. Apply evenly throughout hair focusing on the ends. Cover hair with plastic or thermal cap for 30mins- 1 hour. Shampoo, condition, and style as usual. TIP: The more organic your ingredients are, the greater the results. I hope you enjoyed this easy way to revive your dry, dull hair. Please feel free to post your comments below, I love hearing what you have to say! 🙂