I have been wondering why I’ve been having so many cravings for mostly carbs, and always eating but never feeling full. So I’ve been doing some research and I came across a few articles pointing to increased growth of yeast in your body. Now yeast is present in the body naturally but too much can cause a ton of other health issues including weight gain or difficulty in gaining weight, sugar or carb cravings, excessive bloating, or inability to eat because you feel bloated all the time.
In my quest to solve my constant cravings and excessive eating of carbs, I came across Kefir. Kefir is a cultured, creamy product with amazing health attributes. It contains friendly ‘probiotic’ bacteria found in yogurt. The naturally occurring bacteria and yeast in kefir combine symbiotically to give superior health benefits when consumed regularly.
- STOPS cravings for sugars and carbs (which converts into sugars in the body). This is because it is the overgrowth of yeast in our gut that either makes us crave sugars or makes us feel bloated all the time. Resulting in weight loss and difficulty in gaining weight.
- AIDS in digestion of all foods, while toning and cleansing the intestines and liver.
- EASES aches and joint pains.
- CLEARS up skin problems like brown liver spots, skin tags, moles etc.
- IMPROVES vision.
- HELPS to heal leaky gut and improves digestive health.
- Makes hair, skin, and nails healthier because of the high mineral content (potassium, natural sodium, calcium, and magnesium).
- CLEANSES the endocrine system which refers to a collection of glands that secrete hormones directly into the circulatory system.
- SUPPORTED by a good diet rich in alkalizing foods, the coconut kefir creates the right environment for good bacterial flora to cultivate which in turn strengthens your immune system.
PS. When taking kefir, stay away from foods that feed yeast like bread, pasta, alcohol, pizza, and producing containing citric acid, like oranges, and limit sugars as this feeds yeast as well. *Almost all fruit contain sugar.
- Store in refrigerator
- Do not use past expiry date
- Shake first
- Pour out, do not put spoon in bottle to contaminate it
- Children- 1 tsp in the morning before eating
- Adults- 1 tbsp in the morning before eating (you can gradually increase to more times in the day, but slowly)
- Drink lots of water
- It can increase energy, so do not take a night.
Not everyone experience side effects, however the more fungal your body is the more reactions you may get. Some possible symptoms are headaches, diarrhea, fever, shakes, rashes, breakouts (any way your body usually releases toxins).
I usually get my Coconut Kefir from The Happy Gourmet in Valsayn, Trinidad. Find them on Facebook (click) or you can call Tracy Lee Son in San Fernando at 792-9953 or Alexa Cheeks in Port-of-Spain at 355-1602.
If you need any more info on Coconut Kefir, or have tried kefir let me know in the comments, I would love to hear from you.
Disclaimer: Before starting any new diet and exercise program please check with your doctor and clear any exercise and/or diet changes with them before beginning. I am not a doctor or registered dietitian. I do not claim to cure any cause, condition or disease. I do not provide medical aid or nutrition for the purpose of health or disease and claim to be a doctor or dietitian.
This is merely an opinion blog. The information held on this blog is merely the opinion of a laymen individual.