My life is a constant struggle between wanting to eat healthily and loving coffee. While coffee in itself isn’t so bad, I love all the different flavors like French Vanilla and Hazelnut etc. which can rack up the sugars and are filled with so many chemicals. So I wanted to come up with my own healthy version so I can drink my coffee guilt-free. By the way, what makes French Vanilla, french? Oh well..here’s what you’ll need:
1 c Coconut Milk/Almond milk
½ c Coconut sugar
2 tbsp water
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add sugar and water to a pan and stir until all the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk in Coconut Milk into the sugar mixture and stir quickly until it turns a light brown/golden color.
- Let it come up to a boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Set aside and add vanilla.
- Allow to cool and then transfer to your mason jar and serve with coffee of your choice.
½ cup of Creamer = 72 calories (avg) using Trader Joes Organic Coconut Sugar
Want more “guilt-free” recipes? Let me know in the comments below.