I wear a nude/mauve lip almost everyday and for every occasion (see Instagram), that is, if I’m not wearing Heroine (MAC). So I’m always in search of the next best nude, especially for my skin tone. I love nude lippies, I think its so versatile and easy to wear but I always have to be careful not to look like I’m dead or used chalk as lipstick, as nudes are so close to my skin tone.
If you are a medium, medium deep or deep skin tone, you should stick with more mauve shades of nude instead of the light brown nudes. Mauve tends to flatter warmer skin tones as it picks up the pink/orange undertones in the skin. If you can’t find the perfect nude lippie, or just looking for an everyday lipstick, then keep reading…
Fun facts about MAC Lipsticks:
– all are $17USD, $135 TTD
– long-wearing (especially with a lipliner underneath)
– over 186 shades
1. Mehr- (dirty blue pink) this is a matte lipstick but its very moisturizing. The color is really amazing and can be worn everyday like all of these lipsticks. It is similar to “Twig” from MAC which has been my favorite for some years now.
2. Up the Amp– (lavender violet) I am falling in love with this color more and more every time I wear it. Its amazing because at a glance it looks purple, but it really just gives a different gradient of mauve to me. I love this color, I wouldn’t use it for everyday, but I sure can use it to spice up any look for any occasion.
3. Cosmo- (pink coco) this is my least favorite of the 5. I think it’s a little lighter than expected, but its workable. It doesn’t make your lips look like chalk trust me. It gives an amplified finish, and I would not wear it everyday, though it is quite flattering.
4. Verve- (muted brownish-plum) I am blown away by this lipstick. It is just perfect. I was getting tired of the same shades of nude/mauve but this is a must-have. Its a perfect balance between dark and nude. I love love love this color. I think it would also pair beautifully with Stone lipliner from MAC.
5. Fast play- (neutral pink) this is very comparable to ‘Amorous’ from MAC. It’s a deeper shade of mauve but I would so wear this everyday, or on those days where I just want to look different. What’s best about this color, is that it can be paired with any color and any skin tone. It looks flattering on NC 42-NC 50 skin tones and it gives a nice satin finish.
Which of these do you like? Did your favorite MAC lippies make the list?