I had been in search of a great contour kit that had several contour shades and that I can use on different skin tones. I wanted a cream contour particularly because I have dry skin and I think that creams are easier to achieve a more sculpted look as the pay off is heavier than powders. So after much research, I decided to indulge in the Anastasia Coutour Cream kit in medium. Should you get it or leave it? Well keep on reading…
This kit comes in 6 shades (as pictured above), which are mostly a combination of warm and cool tones. I would use warm coral as a corrector and I have to say it is very comparable to my holy grail for hyper-pigmentation, MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in peach lustre. My contour shade is chocolate, but if I wanted something more subtle, I would use cinnamon. Also, I use banana under my eyes and my cheekbones because it gives me a very natural highlight. Even though the color can look very intimidating in the kit, Banana blends really nicely, especially when I use Ben Nye Banana powder to set it.
– The consistency is very creamy, and it is super blendable. It works best with people with dry or even normal skin types.
– I love the medium kit especially for makeup artists as it gives you a wide range of shades to choose from. Even though it is medium, I believe that theres a contour shade for most skin tones in there. There is also the light and deep kits which I think was a really good idea as there are so many ranges of skin tones as it appeals to everyone.
– It is very pigmented and stays on all day. These are really true to color and therefore can give you that sculpted look you’ve longed for. I know that people with darker skin tones have a harder time finding that perfect contour shade and one that would be visible on the skin. If thats you, then this is the right palette for you as it is heavily pigmented, a little goes a long way.
– The versatility of this palette is beyond amazing. I use this kit for everyday as well as for a more glam look. The consistency of the creams are very buildable so you can achieve whatever look for your occasion.
– A few shades, particularly Banana I find can be very drying. And as I use it under my eyes, thats not so good. I am now forced to use the highlight shades with Fix + or water to achieve a more dewy look.
– It can be a bit expensive. You get 6 shades for $40 but trust me its worth it.
So if you are thinking about getting this kit, you definitely should. Its versatile, blendable and super creamy. It might be expensive and some shades are drying but it will last a long time and you can always use a wet beauty blender.
If this review helps, don’t forget to share, comment and like if you like.